Questions to Ask Before Hiring an Elder Law Attorney
Individuals and families should consult a qualified Elder Law attorney for assistance when facing long-term care needs. Doing so can save you time and thousands of dollars, avoid missteps in care options, and provide peace of mind in navigating a complex industry. Before committing to paying for Elder Law services, it is a good idea to ask a few questions. You want to be certain the legal team has the knowledge and experience to provide the advice and representation you need.
- How long have you been practicing in this area of law?
- What can an elder law attorney do to help us in our situation?
- In addition to the attorneys, what other professional are part of your firm?
- How are your services billed?
- What are the different options for assistance with aging in place or transitioning to a facility, and what types of facilities are available?
- What is your approach to a client’s case? Do you only do Medicaid planning or do you offer other services such as veteran’s benefits and estate planning?
- Do you continue to be available for questions, annual re-applications and follow-up services after the initial Medicaid application is approved?
A dedicated elder law attorney will understand why you are asking these questions and should be prepared to provide answers. So, take the time to ask questions and make sure the legal team you choose is a good fit for you and your family. With the right Elder Law attorney by your side, you can know that you are not navigating his unfamiliar territory alone.
GET TO KNOW US BETTER
Get to know us better by scheduling an initial consultation where we can discuss your needs.